Access and Inclusion
The Whyalla Recreation Centre believes that people of all abilities should have equal access to health and fitness activities.
The Whyalla Recreation Centre has incorporated a number of accessibility initiatives in its design, build and program implementation, including:
- Disability car parking bays close to main entry and pools
- Accessible and family change rooms
- Aquatic wheelchair for leisure pool access
- Leisure pool with beach entry
- Pool hoist
- Free admission for carers with Companion Card
As part of the YMCA South Australia family, the Whyalla Recreation Centre also facilitates YMCA LEAP programs. YMCA LEAP is the leading provider of inclusive recreation opportunities for people living with a disability in South Australia
LEAP is NDIS friendly and their services and programs can be included as part of your plan. They will work with you to establish and achieve your goals in the area of recreation and community participation.
For more information on YMCA LEAP, their programs and services, visit Leap Inclusion Services